A very important opportunity for grassroots members to help shape the future of the NHDP
In Soviet Russia, the Platform Committee chooses its membership. In the New Hampshire Democratic Party, the membership chooses its platform.
If you are a registered Democrat in the State of New Hampshire, you are eligible and encouraged to weigh in on your state party’s platform. Briefly, here’s how this works:
- The 2018 NHDP Platform Committee has been assembled from volunteers who are willing to spend a considerable amount of their own time travelling across the state, compiling verbal and written input from Democrats, drafting a Platform, accepting amendments, voting on amendments, and finally, presenting the platform for a vote at the NHDP State Convention in June.
- All registered NH Democrats have the opportunity to provide input at a series of hearings around the state, by phone, fax, or by written submission to the Platform Committee.
- The final result of this process is a vote on the platform at the State Convention in June, 2018.
- Please read the documents below if you want to know more about the process.
This is a very important opportunity for grassroots members to make their voices heard and help set the priorities and principles of the NHDP. Please help make the NHDP the party you want it to be.
Here is the schedule of public hearings:
- March 19 at 6pm, Cook Memorial Library, 93 Main St., Tamworth (Carroll County)
- March 20 at 6:30pm, NHDP Headquarters, 105 N. State St., Concord (Merrimack County)
- March 26 at 6:45pm, Upper Valley Senior Center, Lebanon (Grafton County)
- March 27 at 7pm, Moody Bldg., Conference Rm. 24, Tremont Sq., Claremont (Sullivan County)
- April 2 at 7pm, Nashua Public Library, 2 Court St., Nashua (Hillsborough County)
- April 3 at 6pm, 49 Community Way, Keene (Cheshire County)
- April 7 at 10am, Senior Center 77 Riverglen Ln., Littleton (Upper Grafton County)
- April 7 at 6pm, Chinburg Mill, 431 Central Ave., Dover (Strafford County)
- April 9 at 7pm, Daniel Webster Room, Exeter Inn, 90 Front St., Exeter (Rockingham County)
- April 11 at 6pm, Laconia Public Library, 695 N Main St, Laconia (Belknap County)
- April 14 at 10am, Manchester Public Library, 405 Pine St., Manchester (Manchester)
- April 20 at 5:30pm, Hope Recover Center, 823 Main St, Berlin (Coos County)
- For those who are unable to participate at one of the scheduled hearings, you may participate by phone on March 20, 2018 at 6:30pm by signing up via THIS LINK.
- The Platform Committee will also take comments through April 27, 2018 via mail/delivery (NHDP, Att: Platform Committee, 105 N. State St., Concord, NH 03301), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and fax (603-225-6797).
The following documents describe the process in detail, and include a copy of the previously-adopted 2016 NHDP Platform.
Platform 2018 – Rules (pdf)
NHDP Constitution (pdf)